Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

ojaker

RVF Newbee
This has probably been asked several times, but new to rv forums. I have a 2018 canyon 4x4 and finally got it set up to flat tow. i have read that you are supposed to be able to turn selector knob all the way clockwise, hold 15-30 seconds and red "n" is supposed to appear. Mine won' do that. It does have a "n" that appears for a second when you first turn on vehicle. I have tried with vehicle off, on, neutral, and park. Am i doing it wrong or do i have an issue with vehicle?

Transfer switch should be in 2 at the start of procedure. Ignition needs to be on or engine running, foot on brake pedal, transmission in nuetral. Now you take the transfer switch clockwise to the spring loaded position holding there till the red “N” flashes, then slowly release switch to the 4 low position. At this point verify via moving transmission to R and D, there should be no movement.

Here is a copy of the checklist I use for my Colorado, yours should be very similar but verify with your owner’s manual.
0652EEC9-BCA3-46CC-8E19-7D4CC90D9339.jpeg

Thank you very much. It works! If i can pick your brain again, why do you have to unhook battery? If you have a charge wire going to battery won't that charge battery? thanks.

You are taking the computer out of the equation, last it knew prior to disconnecting battery both the transmission and transfer case was in neutral. Then you put transmission selector into park and this is mostly so there is no chance of having vehicle move under power when battery is reconnected.

Because of the electric steer assist. That’s why you have to disconnect the negative battery cable.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back