• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Towing 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@JoeHogan - I just re-looked at the 2020 Cherokee manual to see if the table you referenced has the power steering footnote. It does not. Certainly different vehicles so the hardware could be different.

@JoeHogan - I just re-looked at the 2020 Cherokee manual to see if the table you referenced has the power steering footnote. It does not. Certainly different vehicles so the hardware could be different.

I hope it will fix my 2017 but you are right could be just for the 2021 model year. I have the wobble three times and twice in the same day in 8,000 miles of towing. The last wobble was so bad that the guy behind stopped and said the wheels were almost come off the ground moving from side to side. Brought to the Jeep dealer and they contact Jeep and were told to put in my records to only tow the Jeep on a trailer with all four tires off the ground as a fix. I haven't towed since for liability reasons.

Last edited:
I hope it will fix my 2017 but you are right could be just for the 2021 model year. I have the wobble three times and twice in the same day in 8,000 miles of towing. The last wobble was so bad that the guy behind stopped and said the wheels were almost come off the ground moving from side to side. Brought to the Jeep dealer and they contact Jeep and were told to put in my records to only tow the Jeep on a trailer with all four tires off the good as a fix. I haven't towed since for liability reasons.
WOW - only tow on a trailer. Requiring a trailer would be showstopper for me.

We have a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. It tows like a dream. Even missing a tire it never even wobbled. :ROFLMAO: We didn't have to put an extra wiring harness in ours that I know of. I had everything swapped over from my Ram 1500 to the new Trailhawk when we bought it, by Trucks and Trailers USA in Chattanooga.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    852.5 KB · Views: 11
From the online Jeep User Manual 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee owners manual.

Interesting wording on the dealer available Tow Kit for increased flat tow performance. Not mandatory or WARNING message but more a Jeep CYA warranty voiding Note.

View attachment 4913
Talked to the mothership
From the online Jeep User Manual 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee owners manual.

Interesting wording on the dealer available Tow Kit for increased flat tow performance. Not mandatory or WARNING message but more a Jeep CYA warranty voiding Note.

View attachment 4913
I talked the Customer Care at Fiat Chrysler the other day and was told that the note about a power steering enable kit does not exist in the 2022 manual. I asked if that meant the problem was fixed and they did not know. I would have to contact Jeep engineering. Not sure how one does that.

Talked to the mothership
I talked the Customer Care at Fiat Chrysler the other day and was told that the note about a power steering enable kit does not exist in the 2022 manual. I asked if that meant the problem was fixed and they did not know. I would have to contact Jeep engineering. Not sure how one does that.
I don't know this as a fact but I was told the harness is not required on 2022 GC just like it not need on the Grand Cherokee "L". The Two and Three row GC are based off the same design.

Latest resources

Back