Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jweller

RVF Newbee
My husband and I have a 23 foot travel trailer that we pull with a GMC truck. I would like to take it out on my own sometimes. However, I am not strong enough to hook up the sway bars. Are there tow systems that reduce sway but need less muscle to set up? Thanks!

Usually you can make it easier by using the tongue jack height adjustment to remove weight. This will make the setup much easier.

Thank you. I don't think we have that adjustment. You have to use a pry bar to lift it up which is why I can't do it. Can you suggest a good model with height adjustments?

What the other response suggested is to hook the trailer to the truck lock the tongue on the trailer to the ball and then crank your jack handle raising the trailer and rear of the truck about 3 inches dont go so far up that its really hard to crank the jack then attach your load leveler springs they will require a lot less force this way make sure you know which chain is the right one you might mark it or write down the number of links exposed then you wind the tongue jack back up like normal. You could also try an extension on the handle you use for installing the springs most of them are fairly short.

Latest resources

Back