• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Towing with Ecoboost V6

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have a 2014 3.7 EB with full tow package and 3.73 rear end. We are shopping for our first TT, and based on a ton of feedback, we are electing to limit ourselves to something with a GVW under 5000#. We are admittedly conservative in our estimates, but will be on some less-travelled routes where support will be unavailable. Our mantra is safe over sorry...
IMHO, manufacturers specs and towing capacities are optimistic to promote sales. A friend fell into the numbers trap, and is still recovering from a very expensive truck failure towing "close to" his towing limit, out of country.
2.7EB or 3.5EB?

Frontal area is the biggest problem! Of course you know that. The harder you push the truck the more strain the turbos will put the engine under. That's all about Frontal area though, boats don't present that same issue.

I bring that up,because you are concerned about reliability, and over time, that may become an issue.

Keep the speed down and you should be fine though.

Excellent comment Kevin! Many new owners do not realize how much resistance is created by wind load. For example, I towed my 14ft. enclosed trailer loaded to the gills from Maine to Tennessee and got 10 mpg.....when I returned virtually empty, I got 10 mpg.....I recall coming over the crest of big hills in Penn. and letting off the gas thinking I would coast.....Nope.

Latest resources

Back