Chassis
N/A
Engine
N/A
TOW/TOAD
8,200 Lbs
Fulltimer
No
I am looking to tow a 7x16 foot car trailer will my 3616 newmar baystar pull it?

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I own a 3616 Newmar BayStar and want to tow an enclosed car hauler. The car weight is 3900 Lbs and trailer weight is 2200 Lbs. I think the coach trailer weight is 5000 Lbs. I will be a little over, will that hurt?

3,900 + 2,200 = 6,100. That's not a little overweight. It's too much. I do not recommend this setup. This will violate all weight ratings of your coach and hitch. Dangerous

Thanks, that’s what I needed to know. I appreciate your response.

Just some things to think about. When thinking about weight there is an alphabet soup of acronyms that you might want to become familiar with to understand weight and balance. GVWR, GCWR, Max Axle weight, and finally tire pressures. Not sure which model you have but the RV has a GVWR, which is the max weight of your RV. Then you have GCWR which is the max weight of your RV plus what ever you are towing. The GCWR is regardless of any trailer hitch ratings.
Each part of the RV has a rated limit, but the major overall ones are GVWR, GCWR, Axle ratings, and tire ratings. Just don't exceed any component ratings when loading your RV.

CAT scales are your friend.... CAT Scale Apps | CAT Scale

Hi Ray: I think you are pushing your max towing weight. Like Randy stated your are 1100 LBS over weight.

HH

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I own a 3616 Newmar BayStar and want to tow an enclosed car hauler. The car weight is 3900 Lbs and trailer weight is 2200 Lbs. I think the coach trailer weight is 5000 Lbs. I will be a little over, will that hurt?
Your coach is only rated at towing 5000 pounds? Is it a gas burner? Most diesels are rated at 10,000 pounds.

Look on the wall inside a kitchen cabinet and find your spec sheet - looks like this. The right hand side explains everything you need to know (of course the form (and possibly definitions) would have changed since 1997). Also, your owner manual should tell you the hitch rating. Our coach is actually pretty light compared to current rigs.
97 LADP Spec Label.jpg

Latest resources

Back