Chassis
N/A
Engine
N/A
TOW/TOAD
8,200 Lbs
Fulltimer
No
Hi, anyone have any experience towing a 28’ Airstream with a 2023 Land Rover Discovery P360. I am wondering how well it tows?

I'd be hesitant. You're starting to get towards heavy duty pickup truck territory with a trailer that big.

If you’re only 600 pounds below your tow capacity, keep in mind that this limits what you can have in the SUV. If all of your gear fits within the total weight capacity of the trailer, you’re probably okay, as long as you limit what’s in the car and it’s only one or two people.

SCARY!!!o_O
The wheelbase on the Discovery is too short to pull a trailer that long!!
The Air Stream (unloaded) is too close to the max trailer capacity of the Discovery!
A 2023 Chevy Suburban might do ok, 127" WB, with a towing capacity of 8300#, but the Air Stream has a GVWR of 7900#. That's pushing it!
At a minimum, you need a 1500 Chevy, Ram, or F-150 Ford!
What VALUE do you put on your life? And the lives of others? That's the biggest question!!:unsure:

The weight of the Aristream is 6,600 lbs and fully loaded will be 7,600 lbs. Discovery will pull 8,200 lbs. I am just asking, what’s wrong with those stats? I am told by Land Rover that it’s designed to pull that kind of weight and footprint.

The weight of the Aristream is 6,600 lbs and fully loaded will be 7,600 lbs. Discovery will pull 8,200 lbs. I am just asking, what’s wrong with those stats? I am told by Land Rover that it’s designed to pull that kind of weight and footprint.
I'd be skeptical, but YOU are the one that is spending the money, & making the decisions!
Good Luck!

Land Rover can tow a lot but the question is should you...

On the more serious side, Range Rover does appear very confident of the ability of their towing capacity.

You also need to check the payload capacity of the car vs the fully loaded (not dry) tongue weight of the trailer and the weight of everything you want to put in the vehicle.

What if it's windy when you're towing? Do you have to go up or down any steep grades? Traveling in heavy traffic or the potential for emergency stops?

I would personally be in a 3500 with a trailer that size, though you may be able to do it safely with a 1500.

Latest resources

Back