Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Shooter

RVF Newbee
This question is for all of the seasoned RV'ers and folks who have done this a few times. Are their any sites / websites that give an honest view of RV pricing? I do understand supply & demand matters, however, I am looking for "reality" vs dealer pricing? Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated ......

Prices are a market driven thing. Since dealers are in the selling business, they price things based on market conditions. On used units, lenders work from NADA value. When private parties are selling, again things are mostly based on market conditions. The only one of these things that does not have skin in the game is NADA.
When using that, remember to add all the optional equipment as well.
Let me know if I can help.
Thank you,
Ken

This question is for all of the seasoned RV'ers and folks who have done this a few times. Are their any sites / websites that give an honest view of RV pricing? I do understand supply & demand matters, however, I am looking for "reality" vs dealer pricing? Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated ......
I assume by your posts title that you will be shopping for a toy hauler. I do not know of any site or publication that will provide what certain models list for, and/or eventually sell for.

We have purchased one used fiver, a new fiver, a used gas Class A, a new DP, and now a new toy hauler over the years. Based on our experience purchasing the new models is that the MSRP is generally the same from dealer to dealer. For the exact same model with the exact same options there could be a slight difference from dealer to dealer, but they will be close.

On our new DP purchase back in 2017 we could only get 20%+ off the MSRP. On the new fiver purchase and our recent toy hauler purchase we were able to get over 30% off MSRP. There are several methods different folks use when purchasing. We generally make an offer around 35% off MSRP and if not accepted we walk away. With the DP it took them 3 weeks to call us back to lowered their price, however they never would come down to my target of 30% off MSRP. With both new fivers it took them less than an hour to come down.

Pricing is market driven for the most part, as others have said. If you want a deal, wait for off season, December, January or February up north. Find a dealer with the unit you want on his lot. You might get a good deal.

Latest resources

Back