Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
We have always used Scott's RV toilet paper in our RV. All the Walmarts sell it in the small RV sections of their stores. Apparently after all the non-RV folks filled their basements with regular butt wipe and there wasn't any to be found in the stores someone posted on FB that you could find the Scott's RV TP back in the RV section (DW read such a post awhile back). When we place our pickup order we include it but it is always "unavailable".

Last night two of the Walmarts within 20 miles of us claimed to have it in stock when I checked on-line. I decided to jump in the SUV, mask/glove up, and go get a few rolls. Neither store had any. I asked a worker stocking shelves at one of the stores and he said as soon as they put 20 or 30 packages out on the shelves it is gone.

I went right to Scott's internet site and thought I would just order a big shipment myself. Even the factory says "not available". Looks like my next move will be to figure out when one of these Walmart stores usually stock the Scott's and be standing right there waiting.

I realize you need RV toilet paper but from the S&B side I'm seeing it on the shelves again in my local store so hopefully soon the RV side will resume as well. Oddly though when I hit the store this past week I saw some strange toilet paper that was from another country, I think China sadly! It was weird! But I am seeing some RV toilet paper on Amazon in a search but not the box I usually get:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rv+toilet+paper&tag=rvf01-20

I think any single ply will work if you can find it in grocery stores.

I did bring home a 4-pack of Camco TP last night. I HATE the stuff. It is twice as expensive as Scott's RV paper and feels about like copy machine paper to use. We will keep it as our emergency stock. When this whole thing is over if I still have it I'll cut it down and make little note pads out of it.

With the TP hoarding at home anyway I installed a Boudi Adapter from CleanRear. Took a while to get them, but they work great. We probably use 98% less paper.

With the TP hoarding at home anyway I installed a Boudi Adapter from CleanRear. Took a while to get them, but they work great. We probably use 98% less paper.
I dunno...with the straight-outa-the-ground cold well water at our sticks-and-bricks...I can envision some exhilarating moments with that. :oops:

TJ

Indeed. The large chain that I shop at hasn't had it for over a month when I have been there. People raid the cart as they go to put it on the shelves. I did manage to be in a small store at the right time about two weeks ago and was able to get one package. Limited to one per customer. At one other place I was able to get some to send to Mom - limit was 4 individual rolls per customer. It is no where to be found where she lives.

I realize you need RV toilet paper but from the S&B side I'm seeing it on the shelves again in my local store so hopefully soon the RV side will resume as well. Oddly though when I hit the store this past week I saw some strange toilet paper that was from another country, I think China sadly! It was weird! But I am seeing some RV toilet paper on Amazon in a search but not the box I usually get:

Amazon.com : rv toilet paper

I think any single ply will work if you can find it in grocery stores.
It takes over a month for the China toilet paper on Amazon. It is literally shipping from China.
It is awful that people are selling stuf and taking our money, while not even having the product they are selling.

Where did this TP hoarding come from? Why are people doing it? Is this an indication of the most important thing when a pandemic occurs? Did anyone expect this? A virus that affects the respiratory system yet people are worried about TP?

Where did this TP hoarding come from? Why are people doing it? Is this an indication of the most important thing when a pandemic occurs? Did anyone expect this? A virus that affects the respiratory system yet people are worried about TP?

I am told people are afraid they will run out if they have to quarantine for two weeks. Now poeple are afraid they will not be able to get it at all when they run out. so the original panic becomes self sustaining.

I dunno...with the straight-outa-the-ground cold well water at our sticks-and-bricks...I can envision some exhilarating moments with that. :oops:

TJ
LOL, we thought the same thing. It took us a while to get the nerve, but it’s not that bad at all.

Latest resources

Back