Chassis
N/A
Engine
N/A
TOW/TOAD
8,200 Lbs
Fulltimer
No
I installed the TPMS that I bought at Amazon and as I traveled I noticed that the two inside rear tires would not show. I would stop and then undo the caps and put them back on again everything is set and seems to work then as I go down the road the 2 rear tires stop registering. Is it faulty sensors or is this common? Do I change the battery’s or send it back to amazon?

You should not have an issue receiving signal from inner wheels. Since both inners are an issue my guess is that the signal is just not strong enough to get around the metal of the wheels. IMO I would return it for a different brand. We use EEZ TPMS without issue.

Knowing the brand of TPMS you are using would help. Some brands have signal boosters available. We also use EezTire and they offer one. Without it, we have had a problem reading inside duals and toad tires. With it, we are golden. We located it amidship in the half bath.

TJ

This is the brand that I purchased from amazon is “Blueskysea T650 Wireless Solar Power TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System for RV Trailer,with 6 External Sensors, Real-time Alarm Pressure and Temperature LCD Display for Van Truck Cars”​

The sensors work for a short time then the 2 inside tires stop working. All the other sensors work fine. It’s a cheaper brand than the EEZ TPMS system.

Sorry to tell you, but I think you get what you pay for in tech stuff.

Since all the TPMS sensors likely use the same range of RF signals, a signal booster from another brand “might” work, but no guarantees.

Like has been suggested, I would return it and get a more capable one; EezTire, TST or TireMinder come to mind.

TJ

This is the brand that I purchased from amazon is “Blueskysea T650 Wireless Solar Power TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System for RV Trailer,with 6 External Sensors, Real-time Alarm Pressure and Temperature LCD Display for Van Truck Cars”​

The sensors work for a short time then the 2 inside tires stop working. All the other sensors work fine. It’s a cheaper brand than the EEZ TPMS system.
You gotta watch the cheap Chinese imitation stuff they sell sometimes at Amazon. Especially with tech items. It looks the same. It smells the same. It sounds the same. But it ain't the same. It's cheap garbage most of the time. Sorry. :cry:

I have to agree, I think you have wasted your time and money on some China junk my friend. We have used a TST brand TPMS for over 10 years on several RVs and have only utilized a booster on one. Some of our RVs have had duals and some have not.

We have Tire Minder and could not get the inner rear tires to read. We have a signal booster that is mounted by the steps (makes a good night light). When we had new tires put on it, they changed out the valve extensions and it works now.

Latest resources

Back