RV Year
RV Make
Thor
RV Model
Palazzo
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
We are trying to make a decision on a trailer to tow our full size GMC Sierra 2WD truck. We have looked at all our options and decided trailering was the best option for us. I was hoping to hear from anyone trailering there full size truck and what trailer you are using,any tips or thoughts would be helpful and appreciated.
Thank you.

two choices in my book.
Haulmark cargo car hauler,
big tex car hauler trailer.

I am partial to the cargo trailer.

You said you've already decided, but I'd like to remind you about:

Be sure to factor into your calculation the weight of the trailer, the weight of the truck ON the trailer and the weight of any cargo IN the truck as the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. The accumulation of weight gets real high, real fast. Every towing vehicle has it's limits. Be sure you know.

Then, remember that the trailer needs to be stowed somewhere. While camping can be an issue and of course when not using the rig.

Living in the "salt belt" steel trailers around here don't last too long. All aluminum trailers are available to fight the corrosion issue. They don't save as much weight as you'd think, since much thicker material is required for strength. Up here, there is a company called R&R trailers that have some very nice aluminum selections. Open and enclosed options.

I purchased a truck when wife and I were in northern Texas. I had a difficult time finding a trailer that I could put my older extended cab full size box with a diesel engine, but I did find one. Four 10,000 pound straps later I headed for north central Minnesota. Not a bit of problem! I did have a sign tell me to enter a scale (think it was Mo., but can't remember). I ignored the sign expecting to get chased down, but that didn't happen. Almost an uneventful trip, except when I surprised my daughter by sitting in her driveway when she got home from work!
Find a trailer with plenty of cargo capacity for what you ae intending to haul. Take your truck to a scale and get the real weight of it as it sits, then use that number for your shopping. You will be way farther ahead to get one that has more capacity that your load rather than one that will be maxed out with your truck.

Latest resources

Back