Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Paoge1962

RVF Newbee
Happy Saturday! We are shopping for our first trailer. We are about 5 years away from retiring and may need to live in the trailer while we build in the near future. I’ve done a lot of research and what I’ve found is that basically all brands will have issues. Looking at GD imagine 2600RB, and thought about Lance but is the price worth it? Any advice on manufacturers is appreciated. Trying to stick with what’s available locally, we are in Atlanta area.

GD and Lance are good rigs. Those two compared to other cheaper rigs are worth the money. But Worth it is a term only the person with the pocket book can determine.

Welcome @Paoge1962 to the forum. Lance seems to make a real quality product but I don’t have any experience personally. We did quite a bit of research on them many years ago when we were looking to upgrade our camper but went with a class A instead.

With your plans I would be looking to buy a used 5th wheel trailer. You can pay a trailer tow service or the current owner or the dealer to move it to your building site. If the local building department will allow you to do so this, it provides a great deal more storage and living space, a far better bath and dry shower than a travel trailer, and if you bring water and power to the building site you are good to go while building your house. The local zoning and building regulations need to be checked out in advance as many areas will not allow people to live in a trailer in an area zoned for single family houses even if it is on a temporary basis.

Welcome aboard!

Latest resources

Back