Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

SLSFlady

RVF Regular
We are having trailer sway. 2021 Dodge Ram with 2020 Montana High Country 5th Wheel. Had a garage tell us today we need air bags, anybody else have this problem? At the point I don’t want to pull it until I find solution.

I don't know a ton about air bags but it's my understanding that they won't help with sway.

How does the weight of the trailer match up to the tow capacity of the truck? When we had a fifth wheel I added an extra leaf spring. The rig towed great, with out the weight the truck rode like a wagon. The truck was not my daily driver so we kept the spring. The truck was mainly for towing so I figured I had it set up to do that well. Best of luck figuring it out.

I will add we have air bags on our MH today and they do help with sway. You need the correct pressure. Now I do not know if you will have the same results on a truck and 5th.

Need more info. What model Dodge Ram? What is its towing capacity and payload capacity? What model trailer and what is it's GVWR?

I see the lightest Montana fifth wheel weighs north of 11,000 lbs empty. You need a 3/4 ton or better truck that has the capability to tow that much weight.

Latest resources

Back