Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Show me your trash setup please. Currently, we have the little white 2 quart under sink trash can that Newmar provides but it’s annoying.

Any time we need to put something in the trash, we have to open the cabinet under the sink, grab the trash can from under and pull it out, or toss the trash in.

We want a better solution. I though about maybe putting a small sink too chute into the countertop with some HVAC ducting but that seems like a headache.

MapWife wants something with a lid. I want something that is easy to access but also concealed behind a cabinet or somewhere else.

Yeah we considered that and have had one of those before. We found it unreliable in terms of the motion sensor. Also, would that fit under the sink or do you keep it somewhere else?

I keep it across from the frig. During travel it goes in the half bath or behind a dinette chair (preferred as sometimes the trashcan will slide and make it difficult getting into the half bath). I don't think a container under the sink would be big enough for my trash production, something I'm good at. And that takes away storage as you know for more things I don't use (often) (instant pot, etc.). It can stink sometimes but that just means I need to empty it more often (coffee grounds). So yeah, this is a dilemma for sure so it will be interesting to see how others are handling this. As to reliability, no issues there, if anything the darned thing likes to open its mouth like some sea creature far too often when passing by.

Maybe a bit spoiled with the setup we have - but can’t take credit for it, just part of the customization the prior owner did.
Cabinet with full slide pull out for trash. AND this cabinet is a slide out peninsula.

Attachments

• 8B32BCA3-85E7-4763-8A54-DA9A18ABD3FA.jpeg
    8B32BCA3-85E7-4763-8A54-DA9A18ABD3FA.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 12
  • B27B81C6-F664-4067-88EF-C5394106BC8A.jpeg
    B27B81C6-F664-4067-88EF-C5394106BC8A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Would love to have a setup exactly like that. Only *checks notes* 11 more years until the kids are gone

I use a clear plastic bin on the unused side of the double sink. Two large peanut jars with covers for food trash. To access the jars, I just slide the sink cover over. For dry paper trash, I put it in the hole on the sink cover (into the plastic bin.

Alternatively, I have a grocery store plastic bag on a small coat hook in front of the sink, all the way to the side.

Latest resources

Back