Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
We have been fighting with this lock plastic for awhile.
It refuses to lock at all. It appears that unless you get the freezer in just the right spot it’s a no go.

Considering increasing the radius some with a file to increase the window of acceptance.
IMG_1507.jpeg

The doors need to be adjusted for it to work. The door are too far from the latch. Had to have Newmar adjust mine. I also added velcro to he edge of the fridge and freezer doors to hold them closed.
IMG_1905.jpeg

I was having problems with mine and when I took it apart looked as if someone put lithium grease on it. Cleaned and haven’t had a problem except when stopped on extremely in even surface

You might try this:

You might try this:

I was going to leave this alone! I figured most of you wouldn't want to entertain using back woods methods in your fancy rigs. But then this post!

A schoolie friend gave me a set of magnets taped together with duct tape, the tape acts like a strap! Yes it holds the door shut!!!

I use it but I don't like it! Oh it does it's job but that really isn't the problem.

Most of the time, the door comes open because a bottle of sauce, or something, falls between the door and a shelf wedging itself like a pry bar opening the door. I use plastic baskets for my condiments so that can't happen.( Yeah I don't carry many bottles).

Through the years I have found fridge door latches serve mostly to twist the door, eventually rendering the seals worthless!

Hope that turns on a lite or two!!!

I had to adjust the threaded pin in the bottom of the door on mine and also at times have to push in on the freezer for it to slide. It's a tight fit, probably a good thing, just have to understand how it works on your coach or may need adjustment.

A small amount of dry lube seem to make it doable. Also just hit the edges to trim off any high spots/ flashing. Determined it is the freezer that needs to be pressed hard.
But now it works.

Thank you for all the responses.IMG_1510.jpeg

I have been using "child-proof" locks from the baby section of Walmart. It has double stick tape on the backs of the pads and the strap is adjustable. They come two to a package. I pulled the fridge out slightly to stick one pad to the side of the refrigerator and I stuck the latching part on the front of the fridge. I liked the setup so much that I bought a pack from Amazon to use on my Keter storage bins. The wind kept blowing the lids open.

We have been fighting with this lock plastic for awhile.
It refuses to lock at all. It appears that unless you get the freezer in just the right spot it’s a no go.

Considering increasing the radius some with a file to increase the window of acceptance.
View attachment 23930
Is it possible that you have ice build-up under the drawer in the freezer? Thats always the case when mine starts to get stubborn.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back