Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
My 5th wheel probably has over 25,000. miles on original tires. Getting new set tomorrow. I checked the tread depth a couple of hundred miles ago. I check and reset the pressure every travel day. (One to two days per month).

I noticed each of my tires still have good tread depth except for the outside strip. All 4 of them are slick. Not down to cord and you can still see a few squiggle lines but no appreciable depth.

When I put on the new tires is there any alignment that I should be sure is done also? Is there an alignment adjustment ability?

You're lucky. Having owned many travel trailers over the years the best I ever got on a set of tires was 18K.

So a trailer axle has a bend upwards in the middle of the axle. It's not much but needs to be there so the trailer follows well.

It has been figured that milage is less important than safe!!!

Tires wear on the outside edges if they are underinflated or overloaded.
I also would say 25,000k miles is pretty good. My tires usually age out well before wearing out from mileage.

Fifth wheel trailers also really scrub the tires on tight turns, backing, etc. The trailer is basically pivoting on one set of tires while it drags the other one sideways. I agree that you did good getting 25k out of them.

Latest resources

Back