Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

skippy

RVF Newbee
Our new to us Newmar 4018's front Girard awning is not closing all the way. It should travel another inch and a half to match the rear. I have read for two days all other posts and the manual and understand how to turn the set screws with a 5/16th alan wrench but the screw doesn't change anything. Not even a thirty second of an inch. Has anyone else encountered this problem. Thanks in advance for any help. We are a bit overwhelmed with all the information and it looks like this will take much time.

I called the factory and apparently, the two manuals I read on line said the closing function is controlled by the red screw. The gentleman at the factory told me it is the outer white screw on the awnings with the motor on the left. I sure didn't see that mentioned in an manual. I sure could have missed it though. I will update this when I get it to close properly.

I now have our awning adjusted properly. I downloaded the manual so I have it to refer to in the future. It looks to me like you need to specify which year you have to get the correct scoop on adjusting these Girard awnings.

@skippy ... thanks for posting this. I am just getting ready to try and adjust one of mine and this will hopefully save me some time.

FLSteve

Latest resources

Back