Ford Thor
RV Model
Dutchman
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Not yet. Undecided. Just purchased RV and evaluating options
Fulltimer
Yes
I've read in several places that some are repairing RV roofs with truck bed liner. Has anyone tried this and if so, what were the results. I need redo parts of my roof and this sounds like an interesting idea. Thanks for your input and ideas. Peace and happy trails, Jim

I also would not recommend this. You should use a proper sealant, intended for the purpose.

“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.”
- Abraham Lincoln

Agree with all the above. Bed liner will get too hard and not flex with the body and eventually crack.

One of my brothers, for several years, installed bed liners. The spray in mind that are REALLY good quality. He had a pair of work boots that he always wore when doing this because, inevitably, some Bedliner always got on them. So instead of ruining multiple boots, he would just wear the same ones every time he sprayed a bed. The bedliner would crack badly on his boots because of the flex. A truck bed doesn’t flex as much so it doesn’t crack.

In a pinch, I could POSSIBLY see bedliner working, temporarily if nothing else was available. I would rather use flex tape temporarily than bedliner though. Bedliner is EXTREMELY hard to clean up after it cures.

Latest resources

Back