RV Length
22'
Chassis
Na
Engine
Na
Fulltimer
No
Looking for recommendations on the best overall tires for towing with road performance. So much to choose from. Hoping to get some direction .
Thanks in advance

10 ply street tires. Brand? Never went wrong with Michelin.

Thanks. Have looked into the Michelin Defender LTX. Are they quiet?

Type of truck, wheel size, towing or hauling a camper, winter driving, need for off road traction as well as street, load range? There are so many types of tires and intended uses, that a little more info would be helpful. That said, you pretty much can’t go wrong with Michelin and I’d stay away from Goodyear other than for trailer tires, if you’re just looking for a brand recommendation.

Have a F150 with Max tow package w/ 20" wheels towing a 22'RV Grand Design 22 MLE @ 5200 lbs dry weight. Tongue weight is appx 700 lbs. Mostly on highways. Will not be towing in winter conditions. Hope this sheds more light. Thanks

Thanks. Have looked into the Michelin Defender LTX. Are they quiet?
Don’t tow anymore, that is what I have. Second set. No complaints. Use them. Michelins don’t like sitting for long periods.

For street/semi-MS tires and towing, Michelin. Pay the price and forget about them for 50,000 miles. It will feel like a new truck.

Don’t tow anymore, that is what I have. Second set. No complaints. Use them. Michelins don’t like sitting for long periods.
Thanks. I think I will follow multiple recommendations for the Michelin. They will get a good workout LOL!!!

Bumping this for my F150 with 20's
Les Schwab has Vredestein Pinza AT that I'm curious about.
275/55R-20 117H PINZA AT. Load range XL which falls to 4 ply, load index is 117 shows carrying capacity of 2833 lbs.

GVWR of 26' travel trailer is 7800 lbs.
Hitch weight ~610
WD bars are 801-1200
Airbags set at 35 lbs.

Current set of tires are KO2s which are great, but I hardly drive this truck. We've put 10k-15k miles on it per year so I don't see the need for KO2s again.

Not interested in E range, do I need to look for something closer to C1 (6 ply 50 lb) or D2 (8 ply 50 lbs) rating?

Does anyone have experience with the Vredestein Pinza?

Bumping this for my F150 with 20's
Les Schwab has Vredestein Pinza AT that I'm curious about.
275/55R-20 117H PINZA AT. Load range XL which falls to 4 ply, load index is 117 shows carrying capacity of 2833 lbs.

GVWR of 26' travel trailer is 7800 lbs.
Hitch weight ~610
WD bars are 801-1200
Airbags set at 35 lbs.

Current set of tires are KO2s which are great, but I hardly drive this truck. We've put 10k-15k miles on it per year so I don't see the need for KO2s again.

Not interested in E range, do I need to look for something closer to C1 (6 ply 50 lb) or D2 (8 ply 50 lbs) rating?

Does anyone have experience with the Vredestein Pinza?
I've never heard of that brand. Any idea where they're manufactured?

Latest resources

Back