Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

christina eaton

RVF Newbee
Good afternoon! I currently live on a 52' houseboat on the St. John's River in Sanford, Florida. I spent a lot of time educating myself about houseboats before taking the plunge. I love it and I wish I had done it sooner. I am currently attempting to help my brother find an RV/fifth wheel (are they considered one in the same?) to live in full time in or near Birmingham, Alabama. I am looking to get guidance from what seems to be an incredibly fun and friendly community! Just like when I started hunting for my houseboat I will probably ask some dumb questions to start out but trust me, I do my homework and I am willing to put in the effort to get the info I need to get to help him. Owning a houseboat gives me a little bit of an idea of what living in something other than a traditional land home entails but any advice and encouragement is happily received. :) Cheers, Christina

Welcome to RVF, @christina eaton; glad to have you aboard. There are no "dumb questions" here; just ones that need answers. Ask away and we'll do our best to provide those answers.

"RV" (aka "recreational vehicle") is a generic term that can apply equally to travel trailers, 5th wheel trailers, travel vans and motorhomes. It is perfectly acceptable to refer to a 5th wheel trailer as an "RV." That said, if the information being sought is specifically applicable to a 5th wheel trailer, it is sometimes better to just refer to it as a "5th wheel." Either way, we all know what you are talking about if you just reference "RV."

TJ

Last edited:
Welcome @christina eaton to the group. I think with your experience of living in a houseboat will bode well. There can be a lot of similarities, each unit is self contained. Ask all the questions you want and hopefully we can help out.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome from Georgia!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back