Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
As a result of a previous thread, I went ahead and applied for the TSD EFS card everyone was raving about. Got our first chance to use it yesterday on the way down to Guaranty RV for service work on the coach. I used the EFS Card app on my iPhone to locate the best price along our route; a TA fuel stop. It took a couple of tries to figure out the proper procedure at the pump, but after that, it was a breeze. Got both diesel and DEF.

No noticeable savings on the DEF, but on the diesel...WOW!!! Pump price was $2.599 but the discounted price I paid was...wait for it...$1.862. Saved $61.54 on 83.3 gallons of diesel! SaaaaaWeeeeeeet!!!! I'm convinced.

TJ

We continue to be amazed with the fuel discounts at Petro/TA. I didn't realize that TA and Petro were owned by the same sompany (they area), but when one came up in the TSD-EFS app with a price far better than other stations in the Spokane area, we stopped. Saved $65.75 on a purchase of right at 85 gallons of diesel; no DEF.

Right how, it looks like Petro/TA is the hands down discount champ with $0.77 off per gallon. Love's $0.16 discount is fine when that's the only fuel stop available, but downright puny compared to that.

TJ

I've been scoping out TA/Petro on this trip, hit Love's once as no TA was nearby. Couldn't get the Love's app to work to auth the pump like in the past so I'll revisit that. But $5 discount on a 3/4 tank - ugh, not that great. So I needed more research and prior planning to ensure I could hit TA for max discount. I did a google and found a map but it wasn't great but the AllStays site came up. I have the AllStays app on my phone so I opened that, tapped the filter icon, tapped TA and it showed just TA stops so I limped into one today with the low fuel warning chime going off for max discount. Outside of Dallas (east side) got $33 discount off of 80 gals for a unit price of 1.978. I'll take it! I really wish Love's would do the discount again, while I used Pilot/Flying J initially in my new RV life and didn't care for Love's I really grew to like Love's with the app capability to authorize the pump.

We could never get all that excited about Love's. The few times we stopped there, it was a bit of a hassle going inside to get authorized (we didn't have the app) and the locations weren't always easy to access. We've come to have a strong preference for TA/Petro; especially with the TSD/EFS discounts. Looks like you got a bit over $0.41 per gallon on your recent TA stop. We have gotten as high as $0.78 per gallon; on two occasions. Sure beats $0.05 at PFJ and $0.16 at Loves.

TJ

All these savings is making me want a diesel...

All these savings is making me want a diesel...
penny-pincher-png.png

I've been scoping out TA/Petro on this trip, hit Love's once as no TA was nearby. Couldn't get the Love's app to work to auth the pump like in the past so I'll revisit that. But $5 discount on a 3/4 tank - ugh, not that great. So I needed more research and prior planning to ensure I could hit TA for max discount. I did a google and found a map but it wasn't great but the AllStays site came up. I have the AllStays app on my phone so I opened that, tapped the filter icon, tapped TA and it showed just TA stops so I limped into one today with the low fuel warning chime going off for max discount. Outside of Dallas (east side) got $33 discount off of 80 gals for a unit price of 1.978. I'll take it! I really wish Love's would do the discount again, while I used Pilot/Flying J initially in my new RV life and didn't care for Love's I really grew to like Love's with the app capability to authorize the pump.
Neal try the “Truck Smart” app. It’s for TA/Petro, use the guest function

Neal try the “Truck Smart” app. It’s for TA/Petro, use the guest function
Thanks for the info, Scott. All the commercial truck stop folks must use the same app developer; none of them know how to make their apps auto-rotate...or, even rotate at all. Whenever I load one on the iPad, it is always on its side. :(

TJ

Latest resources

Back