Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI TST Truck 507 Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I chose the TST Truck TPMS before I took delivery of my 2017 Newmar Ventana. At that time it was the black LCD display which I really liked. I bought the repeater and mounted in the half bath for easy access to the 12V fuse panel to tap into for power. Works great with the toad in that location. Later I bought the color display. Initially had some frustration as the tire pressure and temp locations were reversed from the black and white model. I've seen become used to it and really enjoy the color display. I do not keep the unit in view while driving as mounting it was a challenge so I used a velcro option from a bracket I 3D printed so I can slide it out and view as needed. I check the pressures prior to departure and then if there is a problem I will hear the alarm based on the config per TST's recommended settings. I have had the alarm go off and it's no problem hearing it, it's loud and annoying. I've been satisfied on the accuracy of the tire pressures when comparing to my gauge used when filling the tires. I have the flow thru sensors, TST came out with the brass quill versions which work outstanding. I've had no issues on valve extensions either. Highly recommend the TST TPMS system.

My 3D printed bracket for the color monitor:

I've met Mike, the owner, at rallies and he has been super helpful with any questions, warranty replacements, etc. Great customer service.

I am NOT affiliated with TST Truck.

I really prefer to have the monitor in sight so I velcroed it on the dash. My high frequency hearing sucks and I might have trouble hearing the warnings if the unit were put away out of sight. Love that Idont need a cord running to the unit as the internal battery lasts 2 weeks or more.

I'm wondering if the TST 507 and the EEZTire TPMS units are actually the same unit under the brand-name wrapper. Our EEZTire monitor very closely resembles that of the TST 507 and the sensors appear identical. I remember looking at both units when we bought ours and having the same thoughts.

I don't recall why we chose EEZTire over TST...may have been a price thing...but we have been very pleased with our choice. And, as you may recall from posts I made in another realm, I was something of a reluctant TPMS adopter.

One thing I have since learned about setting the high and low limits is that of you make frequent changes in altitude (like from Washington to Montana), give yourself just a little extra leeway. Tire pressure varies with altitude (the technical details of why are too complex for this particular discussion) and if you set the limits too conservatively, you can get inadvertent alarms. Case in point was the high pressure setting for the Honda toad tires. I set it per the operating manual when I was in Washington (near sea level). We spent some time at our Montana place (3,000 ft el.) and set out for home. A few miles down the road, as the tires warmed up, I got a high pressure warning.

At 3,000 feet, tire pressure increases almost 2 psi. When they heated up, they just barely exceeded the high pressure setting (which is very conservative). I upped the high-pressure warning by 3 psi and all was well.

My point is, you need to understand a bit about tire pressures and how TPMS systems work in order to tweak them for your particular situation.

TJ

If you check cold tire pressure at departure you should be fine. My pressures have been all over the place during my travels from over 8K altitude and cold nights at Angel fire then through NM to AZ and I had alarms going off even after checking cold tire temps when I got to Tucson as I went over my 20% over set point for tire pressure. Good for the hearing test and audible test of the alarm but interesting scenarios with tire pressures. In the heat of AZ I may drop them a little. I run fronts 5 over and rears 10 psi over the chart pressures.

Another easy option for mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back