Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

SpringBreck

RVF Newbee
My 2021 Brookstone 5th wheel has a cable TV connection but I'm not able to view cable TV when I connect. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Welcome to the forum! First, smart TV's are set up for multiple inputs, you will need to go into your tv settings, set it to cable and have it scan for channels. Second, your rig probably has an over the air antenna that is powered and has a "booster". That will need to be turned off for the cable signal to pass to the TV. Start by turning that off, then scan for your channels. Each TV if more than 1 in the rig will need to scan. Hope that helps!

The cable connection never worked on my Cougar. Pulled all access points within the trailer and could find no problems. Somewhere in the factory someone dropped the ball while running the wiring through the walls. I also have the am/fm radio but they didn't install an outside antenna so I can't get any stations.

There could also be a switch component somewhere to switch from cable/ antenna. I had one to controls each tv. Also see if your tv antenna booster is on or off. It might need to be off.

Latest resources

Back