• Commercial/Vendors welcome

TX roads - nearly got me

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'm not sure how that would hold up to road travel. The stand on my LG's actually work very well, don't slide, and have yet to have an issue other than this brake test. I'll put the covers on them going forward but probably not take the effort to just lay them on the bed, I'll see.

LG 32UL950-W: Save up to $200.00 on the LG 32UL950-W Today | LG USA

lg32.png

Don’t you have the televator right behind your desk? Just curious why you wouldn’t hook up to that and have a super duper monitor

There is such thing as too big. I should try it though, that sure would make it easier for me to watch TV when not gonculating. I typically watch TV on the forward TV because I hate moving the stuff on the desk. I'm curious and will give it a try. Will let you know.

There is such thing as too big.
Idk. If you can get the resolution settings dialed in, it might be pretty sweet. Look forward to reading the report.

Must have been transplants. Most Texans will pull off on the shoulder so that doesn't happen.

Saturday I drove from Austin to Fredericksburg, TX. About a 90 minute drive and 4 lane road (2 lanes each direction). TWICE on a 70mph road the vehicle in front of me decides to literally STOP before turning off the road. I swerved and had a near miss, I have a feeling this would have been my fault but I'm curious if someone stops on a 70mph road like this if they are at fault? All on dashcam of course, but no need, I missed and learned the lesson, or one would think. Then a box truck does it where the first one was a small car. This one I could understand, he/she had to slow down before getting off the paved road to what I presume was an unpaved, not sure. Moral of the story is in the first incident I hit my brakes and I rarely have had my computer monitors move. I do have covers for them which I know I needed to be putting on but this leg did not, prior leg I did. So yeah, the $1300 32 inch 4K monitor collided with the 27in and cracked the screen. I threw it in the trash, was done with it. Day later I removed it from the trash realizing it could probably be repaired far cheaper than buying another monitor which would likely be another 27 at around $450. So I contacted LG and it does look like it's going to be a good outcome, repair is $300, I'm fine with that.

Tough day, and almost a very expensive one in multiple ways. Drive safe and put even more distance behind the one in front of you.
Glad you made out ok. I had a smart car pass me and then cut right in front of me and slam on the brakes, as a deer was crossing the highway. Like you 70 mph - locked the brakes, with all six sliding on the pavement. All the while I was praying I would not run over this guy. Afterwards I was kind of glad he did it, as I only saw the deer as I looked over his car trying not to hit him. It is dangerous driving these big things . Thank God I was in the oloder class C and not my current rig. I am not sure as close as he was in front of me if I could have slowed this rig down enough not to have hit him.

Got the HDMI cable today and tried it out. The resolution is just too low, the other problem is my glasses are prescribed specific to a distance for computer use so that would another problem.

IMG_2341.jpg

It always amazes me the drivers in small cars that are merging on the freeway and expect me to slow down when it’s full of traffic. Once they see my 315s beside their glass, they think better.

Latest resources

Back