RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Rubicon
We are planning on going to Flordia and then maybe up the east coast and looking at the tolls. Is this the best solution or is there a better one? I understand we can put couple plates in the app and switch between our coach and jeep.

No one has used one of these? Do you just pay tolls at the booth? Looking for multi-state solutions.

I hate to see a post go without at least some kind of reply, so here goes.

For me personally, I avoid routes and states that have toll roads when I can. I will stop and pay tolls when I can’t avoid them, but, IMHO, toll roads are unconstitutional and demeaning. Providing safe, free-use roads is one of the prices the government has to pay for the ability to collect our taxes and the outrage of imminent domain.

The larger part of me, of course, understands that there is little to nothing that I can do to change it, so I just shut up and pay the tolls when I have to.

So, in order to give you some sort of answer, I pay in cash but use my GPS to avoid tolls at a reasonable expense of mileage.

Sorry that this isn’t a better answer to your actual question.

@Gizmo My toll process is a mixed bag. North Texas Toll Authority tag that covers Texas and a few states to our North. Also have a Sunpass which covers Florida. The Uni looks like a good multi state solution, low initial cost, no monthly, fee and funds stay in account until used. I assume there is a auto refill option within the EZ-Pass account. I just traveled a good bit in the NE and encountered both pay at the booth & drive lane plate capture, get billed later processes. No issues with either process but I would like the discount the UNI appears to offer. Since the UNI is referenced and also sold via the EZ-Pass site it looks to me like a legit approach. I've put the Uni on my list for purchase prior to my next NE trip.

We have used the Unipass with success in FL and VA/MD. We usually try to avoid tolls, but on occasion opt for the quicker or more convenient route.

Have you considered finding a long-haul trucker forum and see what they do? I assume the requirements and desires of truckers would at least have a lot of overlap.

Latest resources

Back