• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Thumper

RVF Newbee
HELP!

Greetings, everyone. Please be patient as I am new to this type of “forum” messaging system.

I have a new 2021 Roadtrek Zion SRT and took it out for the first time since the purchase. We traveled approximately 23 miles when we heard 3 (three) “BONG-bong’s” circa the driver’s area. There were no warning lights of any kind in the driver’s information center and the roof air conditioner was working very well, turning on and off as it should. I have a “Firefly” control system for the RV equipment and I cycled through everything… nothing found of interest. The Roadtrek dealer said it sounded like a “Dodge” problem and the Dodge dealer said it sound like a Roadtrek problem. I am aware of the “proximity warning system” issues with this model, and it was not that… even though I do have that issue.

Does anyone have any clues, hints, ideas, etc.

A don’t-smoke-pot warning, herhaps? ;) Sorry, couldn’t resist. Oh, and welcome to RVF; lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here.

Obviously, something is outside normal parameters (or the system thinks it is). Have you called Roadtrek directly? IME, dealers frequently know very little little about the product they are selling. Calling the tech support folks at the manufacturer might get better results.

TJ

I know this isn't the cause of your problem, but I think TJ&LadyDi is on the right track. I get a double "boing" on my 2010 Roadtrek,Freightliner,Mercedes but I know its because it's due for the "B" service. So, it really does seem like something may be amiss with your unit. Since there are no indicators showing on the dash, I doubt if its serious. Perhaps its time to go to a parts store and see if they can run a scanner to see if there are any fault codes showing up.....

Check your parking brake. Ours stuck even though the handle was completely released. Caused some real damage to wheel and bearings. Chrysler mechanic told me its a known problem with the Ram Promaster series.

I have had that "BONG-bong" happen at random and NOT STOP on my 2016 CS Adventurous until I shut the coach down, only to have it start again when I start the vehicle. No warning lights, checked everything. Happened first at the beginning of a 400 mile day and I was worried I would lose my mind if I had to listen to it. After stoping and re-starting, opening and closing all doors multiple times, it stopped. It has recurred 3 or 4 times over the past couple years. Still no idea what it is, nor can I localize where it is coming from. Seems to be from under the dash. If you learn anything, please let me know.

I heard a “Bong-bong“ (high-low) on my way home from Napa a few weeks ago, and it took me a while to remember where I’d heard it before because its used so rarely - it was the doorbell. Was cruising at 63 mph on the highway so I was pretty sure no one was at the door. Weird though and it hasn’t happened since.

Latest resources

Back