Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

IndianAl

RVF Regular
Purchased a 2018 Hyperlite 30HDS. Trying to determine what two wires are coming from a wire loom in front middle of the unit near the house battery mount are. One is a fused red with ring terminal...the other a black with ring terminal. Both not in use. Any clues? See pic
3F97B2C0-2CDA-4F22-A5E6-BDE0523A827F.jpeg

My only thought is who ever had it before had an accessory they removed. Black is for ground and the read is positive. I would at least tape off the positive so it does not contact the frame and ground out if the fuse is still installed.

Do you have an electric tongue guess jack? If not, the previous owner may have taken it off and put a manual lone on.

check between the two wires for a short with your multi-meter. If no short connect them to the battery and see if something lights.

They are new, never used. I am basing this on the ring terminals that are clean without a scratch. Not for elect jack, that’s installed and working fine. Checked for shorts, powered them up and can’t find any changes with something new operating. And everything works fine in the unit. Has me baffled.

I think it is time to e-mail the photo to the dealership where you bought the RV and ask them.

TJ

Purchased it through a private party that bought it new. They had no clue what they were when I asked them. Sent photo and a request for info to Forest River and no reply of course.

Purchased it through a private party that bought it new. They had no clue what they were when I asked them. Sent photo and a request for info to Forest River and no reply of course.
I would then call Forest River's "Owner Relations" number - (574) 825-7000 - and tell them your e-mail has not been answered and you are not satisfied with their customer service. Hopefully, that will get things moving your way.

TJ

Finally received a response from Forest River after multiple requests. Evidently these wires are for adding a solar panel charging unit. Thanks to those that tried to assist in helping me work this out.

Latest resources

Back