Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Jim Just do it.
push pushing GIF by alessiodevecchi
lol, thanks Sheridany, and Neemer. :) But I'm not a "just do it" kind of guy when it comes to buying a motor home. Everything either makes sense, or makes money, or it doesn't happen.

But that being said, I hope this deal comes together cuz I really do like this MH.

Part of the problem is the rig is being sold out of Phoenix Arizona, and somewhere along the line, some greedy politician decided they needed to charge out of state buyers another 3% of the sales price. Presumably so that they could fund their states expenditures. Hell, I don't even live in that state, so I'm a bit irritated that they would expect me to fund their operations.

So in my case, I'll have to spend another 9K for the privilege of buying a MH simply because is being sold in Arizona. And I'm just not going to do that! So the dealer has to either eat the tax, or we split it, or I cave and absorb it myself.

And with $9 a gallon diesel looking us in the face over the next couple of years, I can assure you that I'm not going to be the one that caves. . . .

@Jim I would be first to tell you that you should wait. There will better deals coming down the road maybe right near you. We have seen this before in 2008 and I expect there will be even more opportunities. Just my opinion.

@Jim I would be first to tell you that you should wait. There will better deals coming down the road maybe right near you. We have seen this before in 2008 and I expect there will be even more opportunities. Just my opinion.
Yes sir, I agree. In two years this RV will be selling at a fraction of todays costs. And I'm in no hurry.

But that being said, it really is a nice motor home. lol :)

There is no doubt that coach has Flexsteel - they may be putting something in an ad to avoid this fact, I haven't reviewed anything you may have provided link wise, just reading the thread.

Buying now is a hard NO for me. People are still trying to capitalize on where they could have been 3 months ago. Ain't gonna happen. NO one should be buying now in my opinion, not even NEW. Wait for the end of the year and revisit the opportunities. While time is no guarantee, we have to live our lives now, otherwise I would be cancelling my upcoming trip I really don't want to go on for fuel prices, but we must move forward so for those that feel the need to do it now, I support you, go for it. If you can wait, wait, we are in a decline as you all know, great deals are ahead. I've bought great things in economic declines, wait for the buyers market, we're still in the remnants of a sellers market, at least sellers want to believe that and will try.

As to the tax situation, in some places they can be delivered across a border to avoid a sales tax by the dealer, you'd then pay the tax in your state on registration. Always remember you was the buyer makes the decisions, not the seller. If they want it sold they'll go the extra mile to capture the sale.

Jim, that's a beautiful coach! And the price seems to reflect economic hard times on the part of the seller. Maybe you will find one just like it for less money next year...maybe not. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back