Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ednsusan

RVF Newbee
I'm looking for a campground around Virginia Beach or Williamsburg, VA and the outer banks. I've looked at a lot online but it's hard to tell how spacious sites are due to Google maps images being around 3 years old.

We enjoy a more laid back environment. We are not big party people. We prefer spacious sites (as we all probably do). Would appreciate some feedback on good campgrounds in the above mentioned areas. Thanks!

Holiday Travel-r-Park in VA Beach is nice. There are several in Williamsburg, can't remember the name but easy to pick out. I have not RV'd to the outer banks yet as typically I go in season and it's hard to find a campground but you should be fine this time of the year. Try an app such as AllStays to help find campgrounds.

Beaches and spacious sites are mutually exclusive in my experience.

The super sites at Holiday Travel Park in Va Bch are the way to go if you decide to go there. They are much nicer and roomier than the average site there.

We have been going to Camp Hatteras in the OBX for the past dozen years. Probably been there twenty times. Their sites aren’t particularly spacious though. If you get a site away from the beach itself, you’ll have fewer neighbors.

Latest resources

Back