Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
EVERY time I go to the Verizon store, they try to tempt me with some new toy or new service. This time it was home Internet.
They sent us home with a box to try their home internet for free for 30 days. I've been dissatisfied with our current cable service. Supposedly Verizon can match or beat our current speed.
I can also take the box with me when we travel. It can't be used while moving, but when we're stationary we can plug it in and have supposedly better Internet than using my phone hotspot or another hotspot.
We'll be on the road for about 2-1/2 months this fall, and stationary much of that time, sometimes up to 30 days.
I have a hard time justifying the expense of pepwave or whatever, but I do love my internet. Thoughts? Experiences?

We have the T-Mobile 5-G “home” internet. Have had it for about 5 months and 5 states (Texas north to Iowa). Netflix, Prime, Paramount+ and other streaming services.

Love it. $50.00 month, unlimited. Couldn’t quote numbers or strength but I haven’t had buffering or outages. Most viewing in evening.

What do you think? Lousy Verizon service is my reason for moving over to starlink. The fact that with this plan you're low priority would have me giving this product offering 3 thumbs down, but you are the customer!

We have the T-Mobile 5-G “home” internet. Have had it for about 5 months and 5 states (Texas north to Iowa). Netflix, Prime, Paramount+ and other streaming services.

Love it. $50.00 month, unlimited. Couldn’t quote numbers or strength but I haven’t had buffering or outages. Most viewing in evening.
You mean you take it while traveling to those states? Or you moved several times, and kept the service?

What do you think? Lousy Verizon service is my reason for moving over to starlink. The fact that with this plan you're low priority would have me giving this product offering 3 thumbs down, but you are the customer!

Agree, but we're not heavy streamers when we're traveling (we've never used the TVs in our RV). I'll ask a lot of questions of both Verizon and Comcast - I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile to use only for trips, and could it be suspended when not traveling.

You mean you take it while traveling to those states? Or you moved several times, and kept the service?
We are full time RV’rs. This sits in our RV living room. Unplug on travel days (1 day about every 2-3 weeks) then plug it in at next camp site.

Attachments

• IMG_1413.jpeg
    IMG_1413.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Agree, but we're not heavy streamers when we're traveling (we've never used the TVs in our RV). I'll ask a lot of questions of both Verizon and Comcast - I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile to use only for trips, and could it be suspended when not traveling.
This is what I have sitting in the corner of my screen room!
16870170598588431604711685805369.jpg

If I had that black box in the corner of my living area, I would be using it to hold papers from blowing in the breeze.

If you're looking for something that works wherever you go, listen to the video again! All it takes to kill the joy is one block. When Verizon told me I had Verizon coverage where I was staying, and there remedy was to offer more minutes, when I hadn't used any of the time I had paid for, because of the bad coverage In my location (checked the locals opinion not mine), I realized corporations lie!!! I hate paying 150USD for good service, but I find it easier to shell out 150 for service, than the 120 USD spent for priority service with Verizon, and to listen to them lie to me about there great nonexistent service available in most areas I frequent in az.

I get it!!! 150 is a lot of cash, it literally breaks my bank at this time, but I have an avenue to get help if I need it. All I am telling you is, listen carefully to the above video while pondering another claim of another cell service providers toy...

We can get technical about starlink service. We can talk about how they are changing offerings, and changing fees. But when the smoke clears, we come back to the one reason we gave starlink a try!!! Bad overall cell service!!!

Careful, 'rumors' are floating that Verizon has started to crack down on using the service outside of the contracted service area.

The Verizon Home Internet plans are unlimited, so they verify that the local cell towers have enough capacity to meet the added demand of offering 5G home internet service. That is why the service is only offered in specific zip codes (where they have excess capacity). If you take it on the road and connect to an overburdened cell site, you could potentially impact cell phone users (Verizon's priority business/money maker). Moving the service/location is against Verizon’s published terms of service. Verizon could lock out your device or terminate your access and account.

Does that make more sense?

Latest resources

Back