Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Verizon Pre-Paid Unlimited = NO MORE HOTSPOT!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presently streaming Frozen for grandkids and Auburn beating Bama in bedroom. Life is good!

The Verizon Pre-paid Unlimited Plan for $70/month.

Well many of us got the "Prepaid Unlimited Plan" too but that was retired in March or May. That is what many are using in their MiFi 8800 devices. I'm guessing it is a hotspot plan but I don't remember. I'm not going to try and decipher the current plans. But what you describe I think is too broad and is cell phone only as again I have a Prepaid Unlimited plan that you can't get any longer so what's the diff?

It sounds like what you observed is the same as I did with AT&T. Prepaid CELL PHONE plans do not have the hotspot feature. It probably never did.

The retired plan was both a cell phone and hot spot plan. I have both.

I have the mobley ($20/mo postpaid), and the verizon prepaid ($70/mo) unlimited with mifi8800.

Both of those sims are in my pepwave. I have never canceled or paused the plan, even during the 3 months that I wont use it. This is just a cost of the plan.

@CaptainGizmo I know that earlier you expressed concern about the ebay for the Mobley. I would urge you to try it. I have done this several times successfully, the last time 3 weeks ago.

Once you have the mobley, calling the mobley number using the old method is how you get it activated. This last time was more difficult, so I dont know how much longer it will work, but the plan is a very good plan. I have exceeded 500gb every month I have had it with no hiccups.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

Well many of us got the "Prepaid Unlimited Plan" too but that was retired in March or May. That is what many are using in their MiFi 8800 devices. I'm guessing it is a hotspot plan but I don't remember. I'm not going to try and decipher the current plans. But what you describe I think is too broad and is cell phone only as again I have a Prepaid Unlimited plan that you can't get any longer so what's the diff?

Don’t stop that plan! You won’t be able to use the PHS feature.

It’s the SAME plan as you have, and exactly what @redbaron has.

Just to reiterate, this plan WILL work for cell, data, AND EVEN IN THE PEPWAVE!

What won’t work, is the PHS feature.

Ronnie, I was reluctant to buy one of those “Unlimited plan” SIM cards being sold on eBay for less than $30. Sounds weird.

As for the Mobley, sure, I could try to go at it again...after the bruises from the Spark beating heal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back