• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Very very close call!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
LOL @sheridany - that's why I have my mic muted. My OTR commentary is not for public (or police) consumption. It's a good thing my coach has neither a GAU-8 or sidewinders!
They were too close for missiles
The GAU-8 would have been perfect except for all the debris that you would have to dodge.

crazy, lucky day @Neal

We had an issue on the way back from Alaska. Our last day on the road it was raining and a truck with a load of watermelons hydroplaned, spun and hit the rope guard rail detaching his trailer and it began spinning throwing watermelons everywhere. No one was hurt.

Attachments

• IMG_8993.jpeg
    IMG_8993.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8994.jpeg
    IMG_8994.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
This is actually a fairly dangerous past time we've gotten ourselves involved in. :cool:

Whoooooaaaaaa! that could have been so so much worse! By the way, we bought an excellent $$😬) dashcam this week and we have it rigged up and running.
I had a very close call in downtown Baton Rouge in September 2001 (around ‘that’ date yes) - that bad S curve on 110 - I was behind a truck that had a huge ladder scrapped on its roof and for some inexplicable reason, I moved to pass him, and just as I did, his ladder came off and started bouncing all over the freeway. If I had still been in the lane behind him, it would’ve been horrible - but I was able to dodge it (I was in a car, not the RV). I always tried to keep away from anything that has something strapped on it.

We lived in Saint Francisville, north of Baton Rouge, for several years, and we didn’t like that highway between Baton Rouge and Saint Francisville - lots of logging trucks. More than once, we saw them lose a load of logs. Do not trust logging trucks!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back