Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

pzads

RVF Newbee
I purchased a deed restricted lot in a gated RV Resort to permanently park our new Grand Design Solitude S-Class Fifth Wheel. We will only be there for extended weekends and Holidays. Security is not a primary concern in the community but we do want to be able to remotely monitor any visitors to the site or RV with a motion sensor activated video surveillance system.
We are considering a Ring Video Door Bell and a Ring Security Light with Video.
Does anyone have any experience using Ring devices for this purpose or any other suggestions to accomplish our needs.

IP cameras in general work for this. Must have internet service.

I use Wyze cameras in my second house, they provide video, audio, and I can speak through them if need be. Very inexpensive and they are motion or sound activated, or remotely activated on my phone. You just need internet service. Don't see why they wouldn't be good for RV monitoring. They have indoor and outdoor units.

I use Wyze cameras in my second house, they provide video, audio, and I can speak through them if need be. Very inexpensive and they are motion or sound activated, or remotely activated on my phone. You just need internet service. Don't see why they wouldn't be good for RV monitoring. They have indoor and outdoor units.
Thanks. I will check them out.

I use Ring and Eufy. Eufy video doorbell, and internal cameras. Ring solalar powered camera for rear ladder. I built my own stand for camera and solar panel which will be attached permanently to the ladder. My plan is for a Ring camera on each back slide that I can remove when traveling.

I liked Eufy for their 6 mo to 1 year between charges on the camera and the fact that the videos are stored on a device in the RV (even though they claim it is end to end encrypted going through their server.

I like Ring because I already had the service elswhere and , on the ipad their app still works older models. I can use an old ipad as a dumb terminal, so to speak.

Latest resources

Back