• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Vinyl plank flooring with a slide out

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I’ve read (but not done it) that the top of the slide can be blocked in the outer position, then carefully and incrementally activate the slide mechanism in a little bit. With the top being prevented from moving, but moving the bottom, this will effectively raise the rollers off the floor enough to work under them. It sounds like it could work, but be cautious. Put blocking under the slide bottom to protect yours hands “just in case” and turn off the power to the slide motor.

Randy, that is true in a Newmar . I contacted the factory when we were installing engineered wood for a client and had no clearance to work under those slides

The company that did our floors used a lift to pick the slide up and remove it so they could do the floors inside the coach. This also makes it much easier to attach the carpet to the underside of the slide. This is why I paid someone to do my floors. Doing the floors down the middle would be easy, but doing around and under the slides (and we have 4 of them) would take machinery and tools and expertise that I just didn't have. I'm normally a do it yourself kinda guy. I never pay ANYONE to do hardly ANYTHING for me because I'm usually not satisfied with their work. But this time I feel we made the right choice. I'd do it again.
Your floors look great. We live in Chattanooga. Who did your floors for you?

The company that did our floors used a lift to pick the slide up and remove it so they could do the floors inside the coach. This also makes it much easier to attach the carpet to the underside of the slide. This is why I paid someone to do my floors. Doing the floors down the middle would be easy, but doing around and under the slides (and we have 4 of them) would take machinery and tools and expertise that I just didn't have. I'm normally a do it yourself kinda guy. I never pay ANYONE to do hardly ANYTHING for me because I'm usually not satisfied with their work. But this time I feel we made the right choice. I'd do it again.
Your floors look great. We live in Chattanooga. Who did your floors for you?

I’ve read (but not done it) that the top of the slide can be blocked in the outer position, then carefully and incrementally activate the slide mechanism in a little bit. With the top being prevented from moving, but moving the bottom, this will effectively raise the rollers off the floor enough to work under them. It sounds like it could work, but be cautious. Put blocking under the slide bottom to protect yours hands “just in case” and turn off the power to the slide motor.
yes, that is Newmar's recommended way. I have done mine that way. But, it was still a PITA to remove old tile, then put subfloor and then engineered T&G wood flooring (glued down with Urethane) under the kitchen cabinets. Took multiples of time. Especially hard under the cabinets that stretch into the middle of the floor.

Latest resources

Back