RVF Expert
RV Year
RV Make
Salem
RV Model
Hemisphere 346RK
RV Length
38'
Hey guys, in my bathroom there is a vinyl type wall covering that has some sort of brown color on it that has rubbed off by the door frame and behind the toilet. I have some wood stain that is about the same color, but being vinyl the stain won't stick at all. Anyone have any ideas? I have thought about pulling the panels and recovering them, but thinking about it is as far as it has gone.
Tom

You might try using shoe polish, as it might rub in, blend the color and not rub off so easily. Just a thought!

On a Newmar and I have also seen on other manufacturers, they have seam tape available. The seam tape (basically self adhesive wall paper ) is used where panels meet to conceal the seam between panels. This tape works well for making small repairs. In Newmar’s case it comes in many different sizes and is fairly in expensive per foot

You might also try Old English for dark woods...could you also post a pic?

I have tried to use an oil based wood stain, but when I tried to blend it in the stain just rubbed right off. Here are a couple of pictures. The first one is behind the toilet and the second one is by the door. Bath Wall 1.jpgBath Wall 2.jpg

Yeah, the oil is not gonna stick to the vinyl...maybe permanent markers? Sharpies come in all colors these days. if you cant find the right color sharpie, you might also try a hobby/craft store that has art markers (like Copic). Be sure and get ones that are permanent. Looks like your vinyl has almost a linen look to it. Apply the marker lightly, and in both horizontal and vertical lines to try and match the finish.

I didn't think of using a marker! Thanks for the idea. I use one for fixing the little marks that happen on the cabinets. That color just might work. All I would need to do is figure out how to get it into the grooves (for lackof a better word).

I didn't think of using a marker! Thanks for the idea. I use one for fixing the little marks that happen on the cabinets. That color just might work. All I would need to do is figure out how to get it into the grooves (for lackof a better word).
See if you can find fine tip markers...or a really fine artist brush

Well, marker won't work. It actually pulls more color off the wall! Every thing I try to clean the wall pulls color off....... Guess I need to think about replacing parts of the wallpaper.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back