Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Odetymes

RVF Regular
I have a 2019 Ventana 3407 and I did something stupid. After turning on a kitchen light I was unable to turn it off. I eventually removed the switch plate (a mistake as it was glued to the wall plug. I would then push the individual buttons and the lights would turn on and off. I attempted to replace the plate with minimal glue and it wouldn't stay. I was about to give up after being unable to turn the light off as the buttons wouldn't work at this point. Suddenly the entire wall switch turned red and that's where I'm at. Need to order a new plate with the various lights displayed and possibly the entire switch due to the red light. Any ideas how/why this occurred? Thanks to all!

Pictures would help but I would imagine either some type of double-sided tape for adhering it or silicone (clear) adhesive. As to the lights turning red, have you tried cycling 12V power to the coach?

For the lights not turning off portion, Neal mentioned what we have had to do a couple times on our 22 Superstar.

Cycle the battery disconnect and it resets the KIB interface for the lights. Both times we did that everything started working from the lighting and switches perspective.

Talking to the factory, there is an update to the KIB software that is supposed to correct that issue as well.

Interesting if you have a KIB light panel it should not have been glued in place. The wall gets cut to fit a black plastic plate held in with screws to the wall board that is open in the center, the KIB switch plate snaps in to that . To remove it is tricky and requires a slim hock tool to put between the KIB Switch and that black backing plate to release clips.

Here is a picture of the black plate, they come in double and single wide, this is double

Attachments

• 1388183C-FCE0-4991-B1EB-B3C69D0F029F.jpeg
    1388183C-FCE0-4991-B1EB-B3C69D0F029F.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
Thanks to all. I managed to push on the lighting buttons too hard damaging the entire switch. $141 later they are shipping me a new wall switch. I also leaned that the plate is attached to the switch. In my overzealous attempt to repair I broke that too. Expensive lesson.......

The RVer motto: "nothing a credit card can't fix"

Another RV motto.
The only thing that works all the time on a RV is the owner.

Latest resources

Back