Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Brian's girl

RVF Newbee
I have a washer dryer combo that I can't figure out. I managed to wash ok but the dryer cycle locked so I couldn't check the clothes and wanted to run for literally 4 hours. I had to unplug it to get it to unlock. It was super hot even on the lowest setting but the clothes still didn't dry completely even after 2 hours. The manual didn't show me how to dry, only how to wash. Please help!

Welcome to RVForums @Brian's girl. Please provide details so we can better assist. What is the make/model of your washer/dryer? Realize many RV dryers are only 120V vs. residential 240V so they can take a bit longer.

Welcome to RVF, @Brian's girl; glad to have you here. As @Neal said, it would help us help you if we knew the make/model of your washer/dryer. If I understand correctly, this is a combo unit rather than separate washer and dryer units. One thing that comes to mind from your description of the dryer getting "super hot" and still not drying the clothes is a blocked vent. Is it possible that the vent has a latch on the outside that needs to be released? Or, maybe something is pinching or blocking the vent tube/hose. Just a couple of random thoughts.

TJ

Last edited:
Make/model of the combo would be helpful. Also, is it a vented or non-vented unit? We had a w/d combo in our first fiver and it literally took 4 or 5 hours for a full load, which compared to an apartment size washer and separate dryer would be a small load. We decided that would be our last combination w/d unit.

It's a Contoure RV-WD800S
That would make it a ventless unit, so my theory about a blocked vent would not apply. As others have said, the ventless combo units can take a long time to dry clothes. You might try just drying a half-load at a time and see if that works better.

TJ

That would make it a ventless unit, so my theory about a blocked vent would not apply. As others have said, the ventless combo units can take a long time to dry clothes. You might try just drying a half-load at a time and see if that works better.

TJ
Wow! that tells you how much I don't know. You mean they sell ventless dryers for RVs?

OK if they do that may explain why you should not consider living full time in an RV. The first thought after reading ventless was that's why there is such a problem with condensation in cold weather RVing. Has anyone taken the time to weigh wet cloths that fit in one of these machines and then re weighed when dried to determine how much water they just put in the air?

Didn't really answer anything in this post, but In my Cousin Eddie voice am thinking a cloths line sounds pretty good right now.

Wow! that tells you how much I don't know. You mean they sell ventless dryers for RVs?

OK if they do that may explain why you should not consider living full time in an RV. The first thought after reading ventless was that's why there is such a problem with condensation in cold weather RVing. Has anyone taken the time to weigh wet cloths that fit in one of these machines and then re weighed when dried to determine how much water they just put in the air?

Didn't really answer anything in this post, but In my Cousin Eddie voice am thinking a cloths line sounds pretty good right now.
It isn't quite as bad as it sounds, @Kevin D Pem; ventless dryers use a heat exchanger to condense the water out rather expel the moist air outside. They don't even have a hot air exhaust outlet. And, the water condensed out is collected internally and routed out the same drain as the washer uses. That said, I'm not sure I'm all that sold on the ventless dryer concept.

First, from what I read, they don't do as good...or as quick...a job of drying clothes. And, since the heat is contained within the dryer unit rather than being expelled outside, I suspect that's why the OP is experiencing the high heat situation. There are always trade-offs and this is one I'm probably not willing to make.

TJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back