• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

PNichols

RVF Regular
My washer line is leaking this yellow stuff
and a trickle of water. Can someone tell me what this is? I don’t have a washer hooked up.

Attachments

• 4BD77EAB-E26C-4F3F-88DF-8789012ABEA9.jpeg
    4BD77EAB-E26C-4F3F-88DF-8789012ABEA9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Looks to be something similar to algae. Have you disconnected the hose to flush it out and checked for a screen on the inlet of the washer?

Just wondering, are you hooked up to a water supply or are you running off your fresh tank? Any faucets affected?

Just wondering, are you hooked up to a water supply or are you running off your fresh tank? Any faucets affected?
Just hooked up to hose pipe. No other facets affected. Can’t find a way to just cut off water supply to the washer line.

Either you shut the water off to the whole trailer, or where the hose hooks up to the trailer (opposite end from the washer) there is a shut off valve. It should look something like this:
1615336303261.png

Either you shut the water off to the whole trailer, or where the hose hooks up to the trailer (opposite end from the washer) there is a shut off valve. It should look something like this:
View attachment 5711
That’s what I thought. The leak is below the red shutoff valve on the actual line so I guess I need to shut off all the water and change that line out. Thanks!!!

That connection should be a crimp type of connector something like this:

Attachments

• 1615338586530.png
    1615338586530.png
    12.5 MB · Views: 4

Latest resources

Back