RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
I just finished washing the coach again without using a bucket and thought I'd share a few tips to make it easier on some here. I use a deionizer for spot free rinse so I don't have to dry it afterwards, which I'm sure most here do also. I also bought One of these which works great and makes reaching the top much easier.

First, I wet the coach with NON DEIONIZED WATER to save the good water for last. I use the Mary Moppins lambswool head on a painters pole, wet the head, and use a spray bottle to spray a mix of baby shampoo and vinegar (4 parts shampoo, 1 part vinegar mixed with water) on the head and spritz a bit on the coach. I then wash the coach with the mix and rinse with non deionized water. I continue till I finish one side of the coach, then switch to deionized and give it a good rinse. Start to finish today took a little over an hour. I'm sure some here have figured this out, but hope it helps those who are still dragging a bucket around.

Sounds great. And I would love to stop using a squeegee, but the deionizers I have seen are hundreds of dollars. I can buy a lot of squeegees….

Sounds great. And I would love to stop using a squeegee, but the deionizers I have seen are hundreds of dollars. I can buy a lot of squeegees….
I know it's apples to oranges here, but...I drag the bucket around when I wash the truck. I bring this up because the truck is black, so spots show!

I use microfiber rags, and then wiped with said ragg. Only 2 gallons of water. Then with clean microfiber ragg, and bucket of RO water, I rinse and dry with said cloth. Same 2 gallons of RO! Total 4 gallons of water!

Keep in mind a few things!
I am in the Desert SW! Water holds a premium here.
I am off grid! Water is hauled in.
Much smaller surface!
Same great results, using the water I drink! 🤔 no I don't drink that water!

True, but just walking away without having to dry is well worth it IMHO.

20230623_110643.jpg

I can't carry a DI unit (we're homeless). Been using a squeegie and micro fiber cloths to dry in the past. Thinking of trying few gallons of distilled water as a "final rinse" next time through a home and garden sprayer to rinse off the rig after rinsing off the soap with regular water.
I've also used Wash Wax All with good results when grit/dirt isn't an issue.

I'm a big fan of Wash Wax all. I use it on the Jeeps also. Seems like the more you use it, the cleaner the vehicle stays.
20230625_133148.jpg

I use a foam cannon to spray the suds on and wash with a spin mop and rinse with soft water. I built a water softener when I had my big boat so that I had soft water at the dock. I brought it home and now use it on the coach. Since I have a shade barn to store the coach in, I don't have to worry about the spots too much. I still dry it off with micro fiber towels. I can pretty much do a basic wash in under an hour. I like the tip on using baby shampoo and vinegar, I need to try that.

thumbnail_69344310737__CF226C21-7D5D-44E3-9FB0-F57C5F3B450F.jpg
er

Just a tip:
I bought a 1 gallon sprayer to carry in the coach. Put distilled water in it, pressurize, & use it to rinse the front end & windshield, after cleaning it, at the end of a travel day. Wipe off with a microfiber cloth, and its nice & clean.

Latest resources

Back