• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Captain

RVF Newbee
Hi!
Being new at this travel stuff.. we wonder what is the best way to find waste stations (preferably free) along the road?

Heres another
RV Dump Stations Near Me

Also campendium has a search page for dump sites

Theres plenty more - just search google and the ap store. Also some states have dump stations in the rest areas on the more significant highways. Nevada and Missouri come to mind and there are very likely others . Theres one in the Dunnigan rest stop on 1-5 in Ca.

The dump sites in the Nevada rest stops are interesting - like a big sloping storm drain. You just park over it and dump - no hose needed. Then theres a foot switch that opens a valve that flushes the thing. Convenient but also closed in the winter for obvious reasons.

Dunnigan is closed at this time. Also road construction going on in this area also. Thanks for your reply. Also may be pricier but a possibility, $10 state park entry fee plus $10 dump fee at St Francis Beach St Pk in Half Moon Bay CA

I usually just plan a stop at a park with hook-ups about once a week, but I can see that if you are staying in one spot long term this could be an issue. I also have a portable macerator/pump (Flojet) that empties the tank through garden hose which is handy for reaching a clean-out when other efforts fail.

Latest resources

Back