RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3543
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Gladiator
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JOK11K/?tag=rvf01-20

i have these in my home...I have a built-in refrigerator (counter-depth). Ice maker stopped working, and the technician that repaired it over tightened the compression fitting, and it caused a very slow leak that ended up running under the wall behind the fridge, and under the engineered wood floor. We did not notice the leak for 3 months, as it was invisible until we walked across the wood floor, and water squeezed out. I had to take up the entire floor, and bleach the foundation to kill the mold that had grown. Afterwards, I installed these under every sink, by the hot water heater, behind the fridge, etc. They have saved me 3 times. The alarm is LOUD. There are more expensive ones that will actually send alarms to your phone.

I was thinking of the shower drain issue that @Neal had just recently, and thought one might have warned him earlier to the issue. I will be getting some (or some incarnation of these) for my Newmar when it arrives. They run on 9v batteries, and I just change them annually when I do my smoke detectors.

Interesting! A couple of us have had water get into the forward left electrical bay (drivers side forward) which is the one bay you don't want water getting into. I have a few inches in there. In the case of my shower drain leak it never really built up as it found it's way outside but the left rear basement carpet was wet quite a bit.

It can detect less than a millimeter of water. The bottom (the sensor) can be taken off (it’s attached to the main unit via a really long wire). I have put my sensor behind my fridge, and stuck it down with Gorilla tape...the main unit is in my pantry. I drilled a hole in the wall to fish the sensor thru to the back of the fridge.

That’s a great idea, thanks!

Interesting! A couple of us have had water get into the forward left electrical bay (drivers side forward) which is the one bay you don't want water getting into. I have a few inches in there. In the case of my shower drain leak it never really built up as it found it's way outside but the left rear basement carpet was wet quite a bit.
Where was the water coming from?

My electrical box leak was the result of HWH not sealing the new wiring for the HWH Active Air Install. The shower drain was the big leak that was difficult to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back