• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Water Heater Question

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not enough information. my water heater has no shutoff valves.

Generally, they are located near the water heater; usually on the inboard side. The location is not always easy to access. Look in the cabinetry behind where the water heater is located. They may, or may not, be labeled. Once found, be sure to trace the lines and label them.

TJ

Not enough information. my water heater has no shutoff valves.
Manual says to shut off flow of water to hot water heater and bypass it using the bypass valve so not to introduce any water with sanitizer to the heater. HR sent me some schematics tonight and it looks to be located behind the sink in the galley. The book says you need to operate 3 valves to accomplish this. Schematic shows 1 valve.

sanitizer?? Learn something new everyday. Does anyone know what they are talking about. All my old new to me rigs get bakingsoda to sanitize, Never left it in the system that long. Anyhow one valve will just not bypass the heater. It would do the same thing but the whole hot water system would be shut off. if you want to drain the waterheater maybe not as good.

The usual configuration is that adjacent to the water heater the cold and hot water lines will each have an isolation valve. These are normally open for flow through the heater. Just outboard of the these two valves will be a branch line that connects the cold and hot water lines. This is called the bypass line. It will have a valve in it that is normally closed. To either flush, sanitize, or freeze protect the domestic water system, you close the cold and hot valves and open the bypass valve. That is also a good time to drain and flush the water heater. To reverse the process, make sure the water heater drain is re-installed, close the bypass valve and open the hot and cold valves

There is only one valve and it was labeled well. Just hidden back in a corner behind the galley sink. All is well to go. Just watching the weather. Thanks everyone.

Rodney

Latest resources

Back