Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

leigha

RVF Newbee
OK so I tore out our Atwood 6 gal hot water heater and opted for a portable on demand battery and lpg water heater instead for several reasons. one being we are a family of 4 and sometimes more than one person need to shower in the morning for school apt whatever and 6 gal just don't cut it, two being that my husband and I are both bigger people and neither of us can adequately cleanse our rears after using the toilet because the counter is literally less than an inch from the side of our toilet and the door is about the same distance away on the other side so unless we open the door or stand and hike a foot then it's just uncomfortable so the entire counter has gotta go and we'll figure out something different for storage down the way, third is that I want to eventually convert our bathroom into an entire wet room so we don't have to worry about water damage so much and it allows for a more useful space, but I'm still in the planning and pondering stages of that project at this point so.... anyways I now have a rather large hole in the side of our fiberglass shell 39ft motorhome that I'm not sure how to repair entirely. I am going to use Part of the space for venting the new heater if possible but for now I just need to know how to fix the giant hole in the side of our rv and fast!! any ideas would be appreciated. thanks!

OK so I tore out our Atwood 6 gal hot water heater and opted for a portable on demand battery and lpg water heater instead for several reasons. one being we are a family of 4 and sometimes more than one person need to shower in the morning for school apt whatever and 6 gal just don't cut it, two being that my husband and I are both bigger people and neither of us can adequately cleanse our rears after using the toilet because the counter is literally less than an inch from the side of our toilet and the door is about the same distance away on the other side so unless we open the door or stand and hike a foot then it's just uncomfortable so the entire counter has gotta go and we'll figure out something different for storage down the way, third is that I want to eventually convert our bathroom into an entire wet room so we don't have to worry about water damage so much and it allows for a more useful space, but I'm still in the planning and pondering stages of that project at this point so.... anyways I now have a rather large hole in the side of our fiberglass shell 39ft motorhome that I'm not sure how to repair entirely. I am going to use Part of the space for venting the new heater if possible but for now I just need to know how to fix the giant hole in the side of our rv and fast!! any ideas would be appreciated. thanks!
Can you post a picture of the hole. “Large hole” does not tell us how large ?. What kind of material is around the hole ?

Let me get this straight..........you tore a large hole in the side of your RV without any idea how to fix the hole??? What were you thinking?? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Latest resources

Back