Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Hicks1278

RVF Newbee
I am about to replace a busted water heater in my 2022 Cameo. Thinking about a tankless one. Anyones exp or advice on should I go with tankless or traditional ?

Do your research, tankless heaters are great until they are not. They require different care then regular water heaters. Many are propane only. Water quality effects them more then normal. Can you do the maintenance on it?

I recently upgraded to a Camplux tankless RV water heater and I'm happy with the decision. Tankless heaters provide hot water on demand, saving space and energy compared to traditional tank heaters. If you value efficiency and convenience, a tankless water heater could be a great choice for your 2022 Cameo.

My new Eclipse came with a tankless. Temp's fluctuate 40 degrees. It's a real shock while standing in the shower. Dealer says water has to continually run at a high rate to solve this but we still have some fluctuations. I guess if you have unlimited water available they wouldn't be too bad but for boondocking they will run you out pretty fast. If I have room I'm going back to the tank water heater.

At the risk of asking a dumb question, how did your two year old water heater “bust”

My 6 gallon three way tank (heats from engine, shore power, or propane) works well with a recirculation loop. The 1 amp wet rotor pump is quiet. I have 2 second hot water everywhere in my Barth. The loop holds about 3/4 of a gallon. There are back flow preventers to prevent cold from pulling from the opposite side.

Check the rise at your gallons per minute on the tankless you are considering. You may not get the warm water you are hoping for.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back