RV Model
RAGE'N 19EX
RV Length
19'
TOW/TOAD
2020 FORD F150 ECOBOOST
Fulltimer
No
I am having issues with a tankless water heater, that led me to investigating the water pump for pressure , voltage issues , ect. Anything that may have been causing inconsistent hot water. Anyway, now after removing strainer, cleaning out tons of debris, (probably never done before) , and reinstalling the strainer, it will not purge out air in system at all. Just spent last week boondocking, and had already given up on having warm water but now cant even get a consistenet flow of water without coughing spitting routine out of all the faucets. At least before system would keep decent flow , now its almost worthless. The only thing i can think of is the outdoor tap for a spray attachment hose, which I have the one that came with it (bought unit used), but it will not plug into fitting at all . I will need to post pics for further explanation, but its late and dark. Figured I would throw it out there to seee if there is a secret to repurging pumps after cleaning the strainers. It is a SHURflo 4008-101-A65 12VDC 3GPM shut off pressure 55PSI. Thanks for any input.

Sometimes, pumps will become airlocked, and refuse to reliably draw water, much less pump it. If there's a way that you can (lightly) pressurize your fresh water tank, that may do the trick. Another method involves disconnecting the intake hose from the pump and priming it with water.

Just my suggestions.....Roger

If it was without air before cleaning out strainer, you likely forgot the gasket, cut it, or didn't get the bowl tight.

If it was without air before cleaning out strainer, you likely forgot the gasket, cut it, or didn't get the bowl tight.

Wouldn't it leak water if not sealed or missing gasket? No leaks anywhere?

Latest resources

Back