Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

YUMSBPA

RVF Newbee
I have had water softeners for years but at the park I am in they frown on letting the water flow onto the ground. Is there any reason to have to disconnect the hose to the RV? Can I just add the salt and let it flow slowly through the RV and into the sewer instead of on the ground?

Hmm, interesting situation. I was thinking you could do it in the shower but you'd need a source of the water via hose.

I added a flush piece to the sewer hose that has a shutoff to keep water going back into the coach drain pipe while doing a regen.

So the water goes into the hose connection, and down the sewer.

One of these
Camco 39050 Ready-to-Use Gate... Amazon product ASIN B085MMZ5TJ
And one of these
Valterra 45 Degree Hydroflush... Amazon product ASIN B0002UHVAA
I only hook those up when going a regen which keeps the high salt content water off the ground.

With the amount of sodium in the water while doing a regen, personally I wouldn’t want to run it through the coach plumbing. May be ok but just my personal thought.

Thanks, but my sewer connection from trailer to sewer is permanent. I think I'll try running it through the RV.

why not run utility hose from the softener into the sewer connection on the ground (remove sewer hose)

why not run utility hose from the softener into the sewer connection on the ground (remove sewer hose)
I think this is the winning solution, feeling stupid not thinking of it. I'll recover.

Well I could but I wanted to know why I can't just run it through the RV?
Well, I don't understand what you want to do here. You want to be able to see the flow rate per water softener regen instructions after which I'd attach the hose going to the sewer drain to avoid spillage per your campground host. I think from here you can probably devise a plan, there is no reason it can't go through your coach and end up down the sewage from there too, all up to you.

2X
Maybe it's just me but I personally wouldn't want all that salt going through my plumbing. Should never run the salt on the ground....

Latest resources

Back