RV Make
Rockwood
RV Model
Roo 235S
RV Length
25’
Fulltimer
No
We are first time travel trailer owners. While purchasing we were asked about adding a sway bar to our order. We turned the offer thinking I’ve pulled trailers my entire driving life (38 yr old, pulling utility trailers, flat beds, etc). I started thinking maybe we should purchase after doing a little research , I never thought of the height difference between a travel trailer and utility trailer. I drive a 2019 Ford F-150 supercrew w/ 5.5-0’ bed. We purchased a 2021 Rockwood Roo 235S. Any recommendations on setups we should look into? TIA

All the stabilization you can get. Weight distribution hitch is a must IMHO. Small investment compared with replacing the trailer.

Last edited:
Thank you, I don’t want to ask salesman, being their job to up sell. I figured we could get it much cheaper than their offer of $1k to supply and install. Being a contractor, I have the ability to install myself. I did order a sway bar, I guess I should pick up a weight distribution setup.

Thank you, I don’t want to ask salesman, being their job to up sell. I figured we could get it much cheaper than their offer of $1k to supply and install. Being a contractor, I have the ability to install myself. I did order a sway bar, I guess I should pick up a weight distribution setup.
Yes selling is their job, but I have learned not to skimp on safety equipment. If it is a dealer with a good reputation, I have no qualms about paying them to set everything up correctly. Of course, I do not have your skill set.

I picked up a weight distribution hitch from.Harbor Freight and it works great. installed myself and save over 800.00. the hitch was 10,000 lb rated and was only 200.00. took about 20 minutes to put on. enjoy your travels, we do.
Bob

Latest resources

Back