Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RichStar

RVF Newbee
We are Richard and Starlyn Smelker. we just joined the forum, but we have been RVing for years. Currently we have a 2018 Highland Ridge 27RLS bumper pull trailer that we have used very little because of my back surgeries (5 in the last 5 years), the passing of my mother-in-law in 2021 and of course the covid lock downs. We've used the trailer 3 times in the 4 years we have owned it but we have used it as a guest house for visitors. In the past we have had smaller trailers, Class C motor homes (5 of them) and hopefully this Spring if our house sells, we will be buying a Class A diesel pusher to travel in. We have a music ministry where we go to churches, nursing homes and assisted living center and do church services and music. My wife and I have been professional musicians for a number of years, and I am an ordained minister. we are in our mid 70s and still active in our church, businesses, and family (2 kids, 7 grandkids, and 6 great grandkids and possibly +1 by the time you read this).
Unfortunately, I am in the process of repairing the dinette slide floor because of the rubber seal not being installed correctly and allowing water to ruin the floor under the front of the dinette. I'm going to take photos or videos as we work on it so I can document it for future reference and to help others with the same issue.
We'll also take photos of our trips also in case anyone is interested.

Welcome. Sorry to hear about the damage.

Welcome!

We are Richard and Starlyn Smelker. we just joined the forum, but we have been RVing for years. Currently we have a 2018 Highland Ridge 27RLS bumper pull trailer that we have used very little because of my back surgeries (5 in the last 5 years), the passing of my mother-in-law in 2021 and of course the covid lock downs. We've used the trailer 3 times in the 4 years we have owned it but we have used it as a guest house for visitors. In the past we have had smaller trailers, Class C motor homes (5 of them) and hopefully this Spring if our house sells, we will be buying a Class A diesel pusher to travel in. We have a music ministry where we go to churches, nursing homes and assisted living center and do church services and music. My wife and I have been professional musicians for a number of years, and I am an ordained minister. we are in our mid 70s and still active in our church, businesses, and family (2 kids, 7 grandkids, and 6 great grandkids and possibly +1 by the time you read this).
Unfortunately, I am in the process of repairing the dinette slide floor because of the rubber seal not being installed correctly and allowing water to ruin the floor under the front of the dinette. I'm going to take photos or videos as we work on it so I can document it for future reference and to help others with the same issue.
We'll also take photos of our trips also in case anyone is interested.
Hello and Welcome to RVforums from Ely, Iowa. Hopefully repairs will go as planned and you can get out there and enjoy!

Welcome to the group.

Latest resources

Back