• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Weight Distribution

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
No I have not looked into the hitch weight, figured having a F350 it would be sufficient
It’s not the tow vehicle but the way the trailer is loaded. Thats why you want more weight in front of the axles providing some tongue weight. F350 is plenty of tow vehicle but any trailer will sway if its not loaded correctly.

You have too much weight behind the trailer axles. You need to move more weight to the tongue. This is what is causing your swaying. The truck has nothing to do with it.

Be sure the tow vehicle tires are properly inflated, to or at near max specs, to reduce sidewall flexing. We use 30 lbs psi normally for a better ride, and 40 lbs psi when towing.

You have too much weight behind the trailer axles. You need to move more weight to the tongue. This is what is causing your swaying. The truck has nothing to do with it.
EZ I would agree with you on moving weight to the front BUT the trailer has nothing in it other than what the factory installed. Thats what is crazy there is nothing to move.

How about filling your water tank, propane tanks, etc. - Im sure that is part of the load equation. Also if it has forward storage areas, this is where you can store your heavy stuff. Do whatever you have to with loading so you have enough positive tongue weight to achieve proper towing characteristics.

How about filling your water tank, propane tanks, etc. - Im sure that is part of the load equation. Also if it has forward storage areas, this is where you can store your heavy stuff. Do whatever you have to with loading so you have enough positive tongue weight to achieve proper towing characteristics.
I pulled it Friday and I did fill the water tank and it did better but normally I dont need the water tank full as we have full hook ups. I think it is a factory miss calculations. I rent this trailer out so I have been delivering and setting up and I am afraid if someone was come and pick it up they would have a lot of problems

EZ I would agree with you on moving weight to the front BUT the trailer has nothing in it other than what the factory installed. Thats what is crazy there is nothing to move.
Then it's a poor design from the factory. Not enough tongue weight. A longer tongue would help. Or move the axles back 6-12".

Try this..............find something that weighs 100 lbs and strap it to the tongue with some ratchet tie downs. Then pull your trailer. Better? Can you try 200 lbs? I bet it cures the problem. The best way to solve this issue would be to move the trailer axles back some. This would load the tongue more. It may not be the cheapest way but it would solve the issue.

Latest resources

Back