• Commercial/Vendors welcome

West Coast Canada

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I just acquired a 2007 Roadtrek 210P to explore BC and mostly off-grid on decent roads.
Welcome aboard. Where is your home base?

We lived in Vancouver for about 10 years and in Sooke, on the Island, for about seven years. I don't think there is much "off grid" available "on decent roads" unless you want to join the hoards of homeless at rest stops etc. I understand that Walmart stores are no longer welcoming overnighters. However, there are some logging roads that are usually in good condition. but be advised, If the road is in active use by loggers I would advise you to not enter them. Check this site out and you should be able to find some places to stay.

Recreation Sites and Trails BC - Search

It's not super user friendly but it doesn't take long to learn how to find what you are looking for. It will tell you if a 4X4 is needed for access so the 2WD roads are usually in good condition. Be aware of the Fire Bans that are already in place and it might be wise to have same bear spray accessible. They are hungry this time of year.

Safe travels

Darrell

Thanks very much Darrell. Home base is Victoria. I’m keen to find fresh water kayak fishing spots but definitely need 2WD access. I do a fair amount of hiking so prepared for bears and accidents etc

Howdy and welcome from Texas!

Thanks very much Darrell. Home base is Victoria. I’m keen to find fresh water kayak fishing spots but definitely need 2WD access. I do a fair amount of hiking so prepared for bears and accidents etc
Victoria! Nice. Jordan Point (Highway 14 towards Port Renfrew) has a little campground that used to be free (or very inexpensive) that we used to love. There is a couple of campgrounds near Port Renfrew as well but none free. Fairy Lake is a rough campground just a bit north and it was fairly inexpensive. Pacheedaht is right on the water but we never stayed there. We stopped by to have a look and it was a garbage dump. One 15 amp service split between 5 campsites and very expensive.
Just an FYI I don't know if you have ever been to Port Renfrew but The Halibut and Chips at the Port Renfrew Hotel were to die for. Best we have ever tasted! Lots to see and do in the area and I'm sure you will have a blast. I've added a pic of the water at Jordan Point.

Enjoy

01 ‎January ‎19  ‎2014  Surfing Jordan River Jan 2014.JPG

Latest resources

Back