Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm soon breaking out of this joint and going RVing...wondering where I'm going to go for a few weeks before I have to be back home again. I'm thinking maybe western Virginia, western North Carolina, West Virginia (higher on the list), Kentucky, Tennessee as options.

For those that have ideas for West Virginia - please share.

We toured West Virginia back in 2014 and stayed at Briar Point Campground. It was around Memorial Day so we checked out the Vandalia Gathering at the state capital, very cool. We also checked out the National Radio Astronomy Observatory, Cass Scenic Railroad, Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, and the Blenko Glass Co. Lots of things to do and sites to see.

I'm soon breaking out of this joint and going RVing...wondering where I'm going to go for a few weeks before I have to be back home again. I'm thinking maybe western Virginia, western North Carolina, West Virginia (higher on the list), Kentucky, Tennessee as options.

For those that have ideas for West Virginia - please share.
We checked out Harper's Ferry last November. It is very north east WV The KOA was not bad and we really liked the surroundings and the history. The weather was great and the colors were amazing.

Darrell

Going to West Virginia, we head up that way every year to see my wife’s family. Parsons Tn has a very nice campground that we use every year along the river. The couple that run it are very accommodating. From there you can go to Black Water Falls and the is a family run distillery not far from there.
Five River Camp Ground

Heading up thru WV in July to Pittsburg for the National Senior Olympics. Will stay in Rifrafters campground off RT. 19 in WV, about 6 hours North of me and continue up to Indian Brave campground North of Pittsburg for several days of driving back into the city to play. First real extended run for us since dragging the camper back from Maine 2 years ago. Look forward to the ride up thru WV.

Latest resources

Back